Saturday, April 26, 2014

Things I have noticed...

Judge me not, people.  But here's some things I have noticed in the last few weeks of being the lone parent of a teenage crew.

They eat ALOT.  I work till 6p, cook dinner, do dishes and I notice that the majority of these dishes did not come from dinner.  I think they are eating in the middle of the night.  Seriously!

I must pick my battles.  I don't have the energy for every battle.  We have a chore chart on the wall - they only have one a day.  I am extremely lucky and blessed when, by means of extreme nagging, I actually get them to do their chore.  Most of the time - I must confess - I don't bother with the nagging and I just do it myself.  Call me a bad parent.  Tell me to stop whining if I'm not going to make them do what they are supposed to do to help me.  It's ok, that's what people in the "real" world are saying.

Why, oh WHY, are they so uptight?  The drunk ex is gone although he's still moving his stuff out of the garage.  I always come home sometime between 5 and 7.  I ALWAYS cook dinner and keep the dishes up.  I always answer them when they ask me a question, although, granted, there have been times I have answered and don't remember doing so because I was asleep.  But still they are as stressed as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs during a rock-a-thon.  SIGH.  Maybe it will get better soon.  
(and yes, I do take them to counseling)

I am lonely.  In a fit of idiocy, I have looked on Craigslist once (ok, maybe twice).  They all want skinny ("fit") young chicks and 98% of them that are posting and are my age....are short.  -er than me...Not that I am superficial, but most of them ARE.  So I'm just leaving that alone.  God will just have to plop someone in my lap if He wants me to have a relationship.  Because I am just so done with the games.

The world has an alarming shortage of synthetic B12 injectable solution.  I need some.  If I don't have B12 shots once a month, I am mean, tired, I can't think and my mouth feels like it's on fire all the time.  And it gets progressively worse.  And worse.  I have been ordering it at my pharmacy with a prescription - this last order has been on back order for TWO months.  When they have to haul me away with pernicious-anemia-induced psychosis, my kids are going to need someone to take care of them.  Just sayin'...

Because I work, clean, cook, manage children with anxiety, mental illness, ADHD, PTSD, OCD and depression...and sometimes sleep...I tend to not give a crap what I look like.  If it wasn't for my job, I would probably just live in sweat pants.  

Fish die...alot.  #4 just spent a fair chunk of change on fish a month ago for her birthday and...well, pretty much all dead.  

I am tired of fleas!  and sugar ants!  and mold.  Yet no money or energy to fight them.  Where do you a put a  30 gal fish tank and a crested gecko if you are going to set off a flea bomb?  and you work full time.  And you have a mentally-ill child who stays home alone...all day....every day...

And I am tired of my estranged husband posting pictures of his new girlfriend's honey-do projects on his Facebook page.  Yet I am too morbidly curious to block him.  

Yah, I'm a mess.  But a philosophical mess.  It'll get better...in time.  Thanks for letting me vent.

Then again, I guess it is my blog, huh?  

No comments: