Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What I've been up to lately...

I wonder sometimes what you all think of me.
Seems like every year or so I have some new dude I'm all twitterpated about.


It's just that I keep hoping...
and trying...
and dreaming of finding my prince charming.Well, about 9 months ago, I got a message on FaceBook. It says "I was seventeen....and SO in love with you!"
Oh...
my....
goodness.

Talk about De' ja vu!!
We were just teenagers. He was a couple of years younger than me.
When I graduated from high school, I moved on to more mature (and more idiotic) pursuits.

I left him behind...

Now, here he was...just as crazy in love with me as ever.
I'd looked for him several times without success.


He thinks I hung the moon - his every waking moment is spent treating me like a queen.
My kids are now allowed to "place their orders" for their lunches for the day. I get coffee in bed. My house is squeaky clean and I am caught up on my college coursework, thanks to Mr. Homework Nazi.
It is so weird to be number one in somebody's book;
to know that someone wakes up thanking God every day that he is with me.
To have someone support me in everything I do and never even raise his voice to my kids. To have someone treat my crew as precious treasures simply because they are a part of me. To have someone in my life who wants to make an honest women of me as fast as he can drag me to the altar rather than me having to talk him into it.
To have someone who can think of nothing more he wants to do with the rest of his life than love me.

I'm almost afraid to breathe for fear it will all be a dream and I will wake up.
I'm afraid that soon the "honeymoon" will be over and he will decide we aren't worth the work or that someone without all the "baggage" will be more attractive.

But the peace and joy in my house because of this one man is a gift I cannot help but be humbled by.

HE is a gift!

No comments: