Friday, January 23, 2009

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad...WEEK

Well, it's been an icky, yucky, exhausting, nerve-wracking, emotional, caca week, ya'll.
Coursework, Kiddos, babies, Emergency Management, decisions, rescue horrors, and missin' my sweetheart every single minute. Notice I did NOT list housework in there at all.

If you could see my house, you'd know why. Haven't DONE any.
Anyone coming in right now would think I recarpeted in Berber Laundry.
It's only about 12 loads...no biggy.
I just keep telling myself, HEY, at least it's CLEAN laundry.

And I did do the dishes several times. Mainly cuz if I don't, we become overRUN with those irritating little black stinky ants. It's not a good thing.

But with any luck, my buddy will be here tonight. She's gonna help me out this weekend. I have Lab for my EMT Intermediate class. So she's gonna hang with the kids, make dinner and **GASP** fold laundry!
That's why I love her...

Most other people (in real life...not my BLOG buddies, they KNOW how fragile I really am!) hold one of two opinions about me.

1) "She's superwoman. She's got it all under control and doesn't need any help" OR
2) "She got herself into this mess so she can just get herself out".

But RJ knows that I am just too proud to ask for help, stupid enough to get myself into this stuff and exhausted enough that I don't care. I could happily crawl into my bed right now and not get out for about a week.
So she says "I'll be there". And I say "Ahhhh, no, you don't have to. I got it covered." And she says "SHUT UP WOMAN!"

So I smile. And shut up. And thank God for girlfriends like her.

Speaking of Lab this weekend...We're gonna start practicing IV insertion. Anybody wanna be my Guinea pig? Hmmmmm?

Wait! where's that running and screaming noise coming from?
I can see ya'll waving goodbye from here...

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is one of those moments I am THRILLED that I don't live nearby. Watching kids--yup! Dealing with house messes-yup! Dealing with needles--NOPE! I am an anesthesiologist's nightmare (and they are the ONLY ones who can even have a remote chance of getting me on the first try. Yuck.)