Friday, January 23, 2009

Lookin' Good!

The surgeon who is gonna do the repair on my hernia called me this afternoon.
His OWN-self! Not the nurse or the secretary or the business office lady.
Him!

He had written a letter directly to the Medical Director of my health insurance requesting an "exception" to their policy of not paying for hernia repair unless it was life threatening.

And let me tell ya' what...I DO appreciate that!!

He was calling to tell me that in all his 20+ years of being a surgeon, he had NEVER seen this work. He had never seen this insurance change their minds. Yet...today...He got a letter from them.

NOT saying yes...but NOT saying no, either. They were "requesting my records for review".
So he wanted to ask my permission to release progress notes to them.

Yes. Yep. Oh yAH! Certainly, sir!

I would like for them to say YES so my guts will stay inside where they are supposed to be. I would like for them to schedule surgery in May so I can finish my EMT Intermediate Class.

And, you know what? I think if God has worked things out so far, I can trust Him to work this out too. What ever His plan is and where ever His path is, that's where I wanna be. Cuz if I don't choose His way, I won't be happy. I know that.

Call me crazy. But the prayers are workin'!! Keep em going up, please!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Definitely praying.