I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately.
And I’ve decided that IF I am ever to THINK about another “romantic” relationship, I need to come up with a few ground rules; a contract, if you will.
Just so we have everything out on the table. That way we will both know what is expected of us.
Ov course he must have a personal relationship with God and be willing to be the spiritual leader of the household (as soon as I figure out how to give that up - big control freak that I am!)
As for the rest of life, I think it's fairly simple.
· Do your laundry
· Cook excellent dinners
· Hold you when you are upset
· Laugh with you
· Cheer you on
· Listen whenever you want to talk
· Clean the Bathrooms
· Rub your back
· Rub your feet
· Snuggle with you
· Kiss you at least five times a day
· Keep you warm at night
· Pray with you
IN RETURN, I only ask:
· That you love and respect my children
· Help me with the chores when you can
· That I am enough for you, your one-and-only (no flirting with other women, ogling or pornography)
· That you talk to me…say “thanks for all you do”, “I appreciate you”, and “you are wonderful”.
I’m thinking there must be a guy out there somewhere who would be willing to make this work. I still have hope. Although I don’t know why.
I just know that I’m gonna be checkin’ my list if another relationship comes my way. No compromises.
So I don’t know…what do you think? Am I being unreasonable? Is it too much to ask?