And then I go read about Heather and Kelly and others I have links to over there on the right and I think, WOW, I really do have SO much to be thankful for.
Have you ever been in a spot where you don't WANT to be thankful?
Where you are so attacked and in the pit that it is easier to hang out down there?
To embrace the pain and be angry, depressed, hurt, cry?
Well, I'm blowing myself out of that here.
Pulling myself up by my bootstraps and suckin' it up, so to speak.
Forcing myself to get thankful; to count my blessings when I just don't feel like counting. But I know it will be good for me...Kinda like drinking straight vinegar or gargling with warm saltwater and aspirin when you have a sore throat. Nasty, but sometimes necessary.
Blah, Blah, Blah. I Could go on forever...lets get to it.
- The kids are healthy.
- No school for a week.
- I'm alive. (0k, I'm grasping at straws here. Gotta do better than that.)
- I have a nasty painful horrible biopsy coming up on the 3rd, but my mommy is coming to hold my hand.
- Sound of Music is on TV tonight. And I can watch it without somebody whining about WHY I have to watch it AGAIN and can I possibley NOT sing along with ALL the songs.
- I have a couple at church who have been burdened for us. We got together last night to pray and they've invited us for Easter dinner tomorrow. BIG blessing.
- Van is running well.
- I have enough gas to make it through till Monday.
- We have enough food and a roof over our heads. And five more days of electricity.
- My cold cleared up so I can sing at church tomorrow without sounding like a frog.
- I have "Happy Pills" to keep me back from the edge.
- The kids are being relatively well behaved.
- I have this blog.
- I have coffee. Although I think I may be dehydrated from too much coffee.
- Christ died and rose again so we can have eternal life. Happy Easter!