Sunday, December 09, 2007

Finals, Babies and Winter Break!

Can't believe it's been a week since I've written!
WOW!

It was finals week, though, so I have a bit of an excuse. AND I got to do an incredible birth on Tuesday morning. MG let me borrow his car...it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Twins, waterbirth AND the second baby was breech. Little Boy (5 lb 14 oz) and Little Girl (5 lb 4 oz) are beautiful and wonderful. They never cried. At all. I was just awestruck.

I know all my final grades except one, so far...they don't have to release them till Wednesday, but some of the professors already have.
EMT Basic - not released yet, but I think I got an A...maybe a B at the lowest.
Speech - A
Microcomputing - A

AND...
I PASSED ALGEBRA! Got a C! I was so happy I looked like Snoopy for a minute there. You know...where his feet are going so fast they are a blur and his ears are flapping in the wind?

OK, maybe not the ear-flapping, but everything else! including the big grin.

As long as I got a C I don't have to take it again. Although there is a rumor in the wind that I will have to take the next Math class up, as well. I'm not going to worry about that till spring term. And I will know better than to try to take it online...

Got our tree last night. Trimmed it myself and got it in the house. It was 8 feet when I started and got it down to about 7, I think. Getting lots of "spring-cleaning-in-December" done as well. Made enchiladas from scratch last night.

It feels good to have a winter break. I'm gonna finish #3's quilt and sew the girls some pants. They seem to be growing out of their pants at an amazing pace. AND #1 is taller than I am now. Went to hug him in the kitchen yesterday and discovered I had to shoot for his WAIST. I am almost 6 ft tall so that means that, at 13, the boy is 6 ft and counting. YIKES.

Coupla plugs before I sign off...
Don't forget to stop by Scribbits for weekend give aways.
And Lizzie's Works of God Weekend never fails to cheer my heart.

If you want some gorgeous Christmas tunes, check out this CD. Hot off the presses...I'm a little biased. It's my Auntie. :D

Gotta go get ready for church, ya'll. God bless yer socks off. You'll be in my prayers.

3 comments:

Scribbit said...

Well your week sounds so much more eventful than mine! Can't compare with twins.

A Dusty Frame said...

Sounds like some really great experiences:)

How long til you're licensed?

Thanks for participating.
Lizzie

Andi said...

The Snoopy comment made me smile.