Friday, September 14, 2007

Another day and Peanut Butter Cookies

It's so weird not to have him here.
But he likes his new job...so that's good.
I respect him for heading out and doing what he needs to do.
And I appreciate him more when he's around.
He's worried that, especially once college classes start up, we'll never see eachother. So I just keep reinforcing that it's only ONE term. Then the schedule will change again.
We are both growing stronger and more independent so we can come together in a healthy relationship based on mutual respect and a new life rather than "baggage" and neediness. We are working together now to make a better future for us and for the kids. Yah, it may be uncomfortable now, but the goal is worth the struggle.
So that's how I feel about that subject anyway.

It all seems so trivial when I read on Kelli's Place about how she has developed some massive infections. She awaits a kidney transplant and, friends, her life is in danger! Her daughter has been posting updates, but she needs prayer...BIGTIME!

I see that Butterfly Kisses is going ahead with Psalm Sunday. I don't know what I have to contribute, but it looks like she will be doing Psalm 45 next week. I think I'll give it a shot.

Stuffy noses. Aargh! Seems it always starts just as school does. First #2, then #4, now #3 and I are feeling scratchy and achy. Rats.

Made PB choc chip cookies today, though. Got done with my "Volunteer Work Experience" a little early today so thought I would bless my family with a sugar high.

Here's the recipe. I found it in a church cookbook. Sometimes those are the BEST sources of "real" food recipes. This one is courtesy of a sweet little lady named Florence.

Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
They ARE, too!

¾ cup crunchy peanut butter
1 ¼ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup shortening or margarine
1 TBSP vanilla
1 egg
3 TBSP milk
1 ¾ cup flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt

Combine peanut butter, shortening or margarine, brown sugar, milk and vanilla until well blended. Add egg; beat until blended. Sift together flour, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture.
Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fork dipped in sugar (crisscross).
Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until set and edges are browned. Cool for 2 minutes and remove from pan to cool completely on waxed paper or wire racks.
These are GREAT with 1 cup of chocolate chips stirred in! Yummy!
I always double it. Cuz we eat alot of cookies. :D

OK. I'd better go cook dinner. I feel rather domestic...

No comments: