Seems like forever since I've done a Thursday Thirteen.
I am way tired, so I'm just gonna jot it down...no code or fancy foo fah.
Hope ya' don't mind.
What actually got me going was Michelle over at Scribbit. She does this great writing contest (AND the Saturday Give Aways!) every month, but I missed the deadline.
RATS!! I missed ANOTHER writing contest.
Her subject this month was "Learning".
So here's Thirteen things I want to learn before I die.
1) How to make pie crust like my mother. I've tried. It doesn't work. I can make "No Fail Pie Crust" fail.
2) Plant care. I want to keep a houseplant for longer than two weeks without it turning black.
3) Gardening...see number 2.
4) Belly dancing. Someday when I have this pendulous "belly flap" removed. YERK!
5) How to make Divinity without it turning into little puddles that resemble white cow piles. I know it has to do with humidity and how long you beat it. Maybe I just don't have the patience.
6) Knitting. Again with the patience issue.
7) Another language. ASL or Spanish. At least enough so I can tell what the Hispanic men in the grocery store are saying when they look at me and laugh. Maybe I don't want to know.
8) I want to learn how to keep my mouth shut with grace. To rein in the sarcasm when my children do something that makes me question their intelligence. You know...when you look at them and just want to say "What in the WORLD were you THINKING?"
Better known as "DUH!?!"
9) I want to learn how to manage my money so I'm not constantly broke. I want to have a **GASP** Savings account. WITH something actually in it.
10) I want to learn how to drive 55.
I'm serious. I can't. My foot doesn't rest at that angle.
It's a bad thing.
11) I need to learn to not let everthing everyone says to me or about me crush my spirit. I have to learn to let it roll of my back and move on. My mother is teaching me this lesson. I'm almost there.
Almost, but not quite.
12) I'd like to learn to write nicely. Maybe a caligraphy class. My penmanship is atrocious. Just ask my mother...
13) I want to learn to smile when I don't feel like smiling. Because not everything is about me and how I feel.