Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I'm just cranky today.


I'm having a bummer day.


  • I don't know if it's PMS/monthly crankiness...

  • If I'm just too tired from only getting 6 or less hours of sleep a night...

  • If I am frustrated with not seeing my babies and not hearing from the scholarship selection committees...

  • If I am upset with MG for having a hiss when I asked him to pick up the kids after school instead of going fishing...

  • Or all of the above.
OK, it's "all of the above."

For half a penny, I'd walk away from this job and never come back. The job is ok (boring and easy), I like the people (for the most part) but I MISS MY BABIES. And I pay out 1/3 of my take-home pay in gas/oil/car repairs. Three days a week I get to see them for ONE HOUR in the morning unless I go stand in their room at 1 in the morning when I get home and just watch them sleep. And I spend 36 hours a month just driving.
I could lie and say I don't have daycare available or intentionally be late and get fired. But I'm not that kind of a person. Rats.

But there are people who have it so much worse! My Mom commuted 30 minutes one way for almost 20 years.

So why am I complaining?

Cuz it's my blog.

"It's my Party and I'll cry if I want to."

In fact, my 13 year old son cried this morning because he misses me and didn't want me to go to work. Argh.

I told him "Dude, I miss you, too. But PLEASE don't make me feel like CRAP for something I can't help. If you want to get mad at someone, write to your FATHER in PRISON. He's the reason I have to go to work and support you guys."

Was that wrong? I don't know.

But it's the truth.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough day. PMS can totally alter your perspective on everything.
As for the kids, yeah, it sucks that you can't be there as much as you or they like. Hopefully things will change for the better soon.

Praying.

Anonymous said...

I feel ya. Been there...sucks. Buck up little camper, tomorrow is another day :)
Rebekah