Sunday, April 24, 2011

It was a very good day...

Some days are better than others.
We all know that...and today was a good one. Sitting down to a big Easter Table with my family and two dear friends to a meal prepared by all of the adults and some of the kids was a warm experience.
Praying with friends and thanking God for His blessings is an incredible experience when you mean what you say.
Number four says after dinner..."Mom, I have a tummy ache and I know why. My food pocket is full and the food is moving down to my poop zone." OH my...OK, I'm taking anatomy class and, so far at least, there is no organ called "food pocket" and/or "poop zone".
She cracks me up every day!
Had a mama in labor today...but she lives an hour and 15 minutes away. As I am using my friend's car right now (mine was destroyed in an accident last weekend), I couldn't justify going that far or using that much gas when Mentor already had another apprentice there. I had to say no. That is SO hard! I want to get my 25 catches in so I can get my licensure.
Although I don't know why... Insurance reimbursement is a big plus. As is carrying oxygen and drugs legally. So is the respect. The satisfaction of knowing I did what I set out to do.
I like where I'm at right now...But I definitely need to get a handle on the schoolwork. Only one more term to graduate and I HAVE to get a C in both classes. I have to...That's all there is to it. I want to be done.
Off to serve the desserts I made...marbled cheesecake, pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll. And a left over ice cream cake rescued a couple days ago when my freezer gave up the ghost.
Yummmmm...and happy, blessed Easter to all!!

No comments: