Thursday, January 20, 2011

I am SO SO blessed!

What more can one ask than to do something that makes a difference -
knowing I will be remembered...
knowing I helped make a dream come true...
knowing I gave someone a choice...
knowing that when things got tough, I was there to reach out a hand,
look her in the eyes and say "I know you can do this! I'm here with you. You are doing so well! "
To be able to massage shoulders, press a lower back,
smooth a wrinkled brow with a cool cloth, perform a hip squeeze and realize
I helped her make it through one more contraction - one step closer to a baby in her arms.

Please don't think I am tooting my own horn here...
I am so humbled and so in awe of it all.
Even after 3+ years, each one amazes me.
To be able to bear witness to such an event -
to be able to make it a little easier for the family-
to be able to make Carol's load lighter.
I am truly blessed!

No comments: