Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gonna try something here...

Went grocery shopping the other day. Saw a discount table in the back...books. And I'm all about a good book. Especially THIS kind of book.
Don't know if you've ever heard of Choice Books, but here in Oregon, we have many stores that have this vendor available. Inspirational, wholesome reading. I LOVE them.
Anyway, back to my story...
Found this one -
It's designed as a ten-week study with five daily readings each revealing a secret. AND (my favorite part so far) is the Journal prompts.

So here's what I'd like to do, if you will bear with me and Ms. Clinton will not object.

I want to write my journal prompts here. Bare my soul a little...maybe get some feedback...Maybe someone (or two) might join in and post with me. But if not, even just writing it is therapeutic for me.

DAY ONE
life is more than just getting by...
  • What did you dream of becoming when you were a little girl? Has that dream come true for you? I just wanted to be a commercial Dory fisherman like my dad. Then I morphed the dream to becoming a marine biologist (they make more money and always have a job, you know). I always wanted to be a mommy and THAT dream has come true at least.
  • What obstacles are holding you back from experiencing your dreams? I don't know that I have a dream right now. There are several things I want to do and be...but nothing so urgent that I would call it a "Dream" or a "calling".
  • What decisions do you need to make in the coming days and weeks that you can ask the Holy Spirit to help you fulfill? I just want to know what I'm supposed to do. Do I live here - do I move? Do I stay with my midwife mentor - do I set up my own practice and pursue state licensure? Do I do midwifery or do I head toward EMS? Do I say forget it all and go take care of Loverboy's Dad until he passes on? What would I Do with my kiddos then? I just don't know what is right? So many, many paths...please GOD, just set my feet on the right one. Don't let me cause pain.
1 Chron 4:10 "And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!”...

No comments: