Wednesday, May 27, 2009

EWSS 3 - Beautiful in His eyes

"The King is enthralled by your beauty." Psalm 45:11
I have always had a hard time believing that I am pretty. Even after losing 200 lbs, I still only see the saggy belly and thighs.
LB says that he is trying VERY hard to change that. One night we were dressing up to go out. I had bought a new white suit for the occasion. White hose and shoes, sweetheart neckline. I don't dress up much so it is an EXTREMELY rare feat to catch me in a dress. I was in the bathroom putting on my makeup when I heard this deep, breath sucking noise behind me like someone had been punched in the gut.
He stood in the middle of the bedroom in midstride with his jaw hanging down. Eyes were bugging out. Maybe even saw some drool...
Closed his eyes, shook his head and looked again like he expected me to be an apparition that disappears. He was speechless.
I was embarrassed out of my mind. He stood there for a full two minutes just repeating "Uhhh, Wow!" Enthralled... With ME! Little old ME! That's why I was so attached to that verse in Psalms. Never had an idea what that meant before till Loverboy acted like I was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on.

1) What are your spiritual gifts?

Actually, I wrote about Spiritual gifts when I first started this blog. My top three were:

Hospitality: "The special ability that God gives to certain members of the Body of Christ to provide an open house and a warm welcome to those in need of food and lodging."
This gift is a practical gift. Those with this gift have an acute awareness of visitors and have a desire to make all people feel welcome. People with this gift enjoy visitors in their home, and are usually not bothered if someone stops by and their home is not spotless. Those with this gift are a key to helping new people become a part of the group.
Scriptures: Acts 16:14-15; Romans 12:9-13; 16:23; Hebrews 13:1-2; 1 Peter 4:9.

Faith: "The special ability that God gives certain members of the Body of Christ to discern with extraordinary confidence the will and purposes of God for His work."
This gift is a practical gift. Those with this gift often scare other people with their confidence. People with this gift are often very irritated by criticism, as they consider it to be criticism against God and His will. Probably the biggest danger for those with this gift is that they often try to project their gift onto other people.
Scriptures: Acts 11:22-24; 27:21-25; Romans 4:18-21; 1 Corinthians 12:9; Hebrews 11.

Service: "The special ability that God gives to certain members of the Body of Christ to identify the unmet needs involved in a task related to God’s work, and to make use of available resources to meet those needs and help accomplish the desired results."
This gift is a practical gift. Those with the gift of service enjoy doing routine tasks around the church regardless of how they effect others. Those with this gift enjoy menial tasks and do them cheerfully. Service-oriented people would rather take orders than give them.
Scripture: John 12:26; Acts 6:1-7; Romans 12:6-7; Galatians 6:2, 9-10; 2 Timothy 1:16-18; Titus 3:14.

2) How have you used your spiritual gifts to honor God in the past month?

I don't want to talk about it really...we are supposed to bless others in secret. Although I wish someone would bless me with gas money right now so I don't have to worry about making it to school tomorrow and trying to make jelly out of canned blue berries from a foodbank box so I can have something to make sandwiches for their lunches this week. Hmmm, I digress.... How have I used my spiritual gifts...
Responding with Podunk, Oregon Rescue squad has kept me interested this past week. Taught first aid at the kids' school. Gave neighbor a ride into town. Agreed to give someone else a ride later. Shared my food box with neighbors.

3) What little skill do you have that God could use for BIG things?

This one is tough too. skills?
Every now and then I'm a fairly decent mom. I can sing reasonably well. I can sew. Writing, typing (keyboarding). I don't mind standing up in front of a crowd and talking. My challenge comes in knowing when to be QUIET!
I am hoping maybe someday, God might use me to write our story of His grace and Glory in our challenges...or ask me to speak to a group of women. I want to serve in that way. Just know that i am NOT perfect in any way shape or form. I make mistakes all the time....every day.

No comments: