Saturday, April 25, 2009

WR240 - fodder for my blog

I don't know if I told ya'll, but I'm taking a writing class.
I know you are all surprised. Try not to faint.

And you shouldn't giggle...it isn't very ladylike.

But when have I ever been a lady? So...GO AHEAD!

Anyway...
I actually LIKE my Creative NonFiction text book. I find myself reading it just for fun. The author writes alot like I do and he has an awesome sense of humor.
And I LOVE writing, so that helps, too. He has given me a wealth of great information and hints to write on. I noticed I've been looking at things differently - with the eye of "what does this remind me of and how does it make me feel and what can I write about it?"

One of the exercises was to write two lists:
WHAT do I know?
and
WHAT do I not know?

But I added a third:
WHAT I'd LIKE to know.

I'll be posting some of my sketchings here; just cuz I like to share with ya'll, ya' know.

Lucky you!! NOT.

What do I know?
**General disclaimer: (learned this from the book, too) IN NO WAY and by NO STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION do I know EVERYTHING about any one of these subjects. In fact, I usually tell anyone that asks that I know just enough to get myself into trouble.**
  • Midwifery
  • Customer Service
  • Talking on the phone
  • EMT Basic skills
  • Baking
  • Computers
  • Serving
  • Sewing
  • Compassion
  • Driving
  • Being a daughter
  • Being a mom
  • Being a friend
  • Singing
What do I NOT know:
  • Everything else
What I'd LIKE to know:
  • Auto Mechanics
  • psychology
  • counseling
  • tact
  • when to keep my mouth shut
I'm just saying...

No comments: