Friday, April 24, 2009

PAD 24 - Travel

Today's prompt was for a "travel related poem". The specific quote was "Some sort of movement from point A to point B."
I know this is beyond late, but I have been up to my eyebrows in Life Yak the last five days.
Actually read this prompt over the weekend and wanted to do my thang...but LB has DIAL$%&#UP!

Click the page you want....go do the dishes. $1.00 worth of hot water and soap.
Click to log in...Fold laundry. $2.00 of hot water, soap and electricity.
Click to post...Run down to the grocery store for milk. $2.00 for gas and $4.oo for milk.

THROWING THE COMPUTER MONITOR THROUGH A PLATE GLASS WINDOW....
priceless!

ARGH!

Point A to Point B

Some enjoy the solitude of the drive.
The relaxing meander down the highway.
Content to maintain 54 in a 55 zone.
At peace with the world doing 24 in a 25.

Driving is a waste of time.
Can't see the sights because one must watch the road.
Can't talk on the phone or we risk inattention..and a ticket.
Can't sleep, can't read, can't watch TV.
BooooooRrrrring!

I speed. I drive too fast.
I just want to GET THERE.
But if I'm riding? Ahhhh,
different story there!
For I can see, learn, talk, grow, sleep, read.

So why do I always end up driving?
Because my heart lives outside my body.
About three hundred miles from here...

No comments: