Saturday, April 18, 2009

PAD 18 - Interaction

"For today's prompt, I want you to write a poem with an interaction of some sort. The interaction does NOT have to be between people, though it can. For instance, you could write about the interaction between a bee and a flower; or an owl and a field mouse. Or just write about a traffic cop getting into an argument with a speeder. Just as long as there is some sort of interaction going on." ~ Robert Lee Brewer

Visiting....

My tiny one in the plastic box
Needles, wires, tubes, lights.
Please let me hold her close
Like a mommy should hold her.

Her little chest rising and falling
Wrapping her in the blanket.
Lifting her, cradling her, smile
Foggy bluish grey eyes open.

I sit down, lay her gently here
in the crook of my arm where
she can see me, I can see her.
And we visit, deep in eachothers eyes.

No comments: