Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My 1st Monday Morning Meme

Good Morning!
Feel blessed...I don't say that to many people. Usually what emits from my mouth is something between a growl and a demand for coffee anytime before 10am.
But I found this Fun Meme just a few ago and thought I would play along! Then I'll have to get goin' with my day.
Found Karen over on the blog roll at Family My Way. Already found lots of cool things on her page. Go check it out if you get a chance!!
I know...I know...it's Tuesday. But I think she'll probably forgive me.

February 2nd Questions:

1. When was the last time you vacuumed out your car? How often do you wash your car? Do you wash it, or do you run it through a car wash service? How much money do you generally spend to wash your car?

This may shock you...but I can't remember the last time I vacuumed my car. I've had her for a year now. And in the winter time...I don't wash her. In fact, I washed her last week for the first time since October. Probably won't do it again till May. Then it's a twice a month thing. Mainly because my kids want to play in the water, not because the van will actually GET clean, you know. I actually do about half and half on the car wash thing. I end up paying around $8...which is how much I add to the city water/sewer bill everytime I let my CHILDREN do it. So it's six a one, half a dozen o' another.

2. What kind of car do you drive? What color is it? Do you like your car? How long have you had it? Is it reliable? Would you recommend it to a friend? If money were no object, what car would you buy for your family? Now, which car would you buy for yourself? Do you have an opinion about people who drive expensive cars? (Jealous? Disgusted? Curious?)

I drive an '86 Chev Astro. It's grey. Can't say I love her, but she gets me where I need to go. She looked alot better before I rear-ended that Toyota back in November. (or was it October?) I've had her for a year. Found her on Craigs List. Only $1500 with a GM certified rebuilt engine in it with 60k on it! I figure if I watch the transmission, I'll be good for awhile. She has been very reliable as long as I keep her up. Tires, Oil changes, brakes, tranny service...stuff like that. I wouldn't recommend ANY old Astro van to a friend...cuz I think mine is pretty much one of a kind. If money were no object, I would drive a suburban. I used to have two. Had to sell one to pay the rent after my ex "disappeared". Sold the other when gas was nearing $4 a gallon and it took $10 to drive to the nearest big city 15 miles away. I like the room. I like hauling anything I want without it getting wet. If I were going to PLAY, though, I'd buy a Mustang. Emerald Green. Yah. And money would have to be no object, cuz I'd have about 100 tickets inside of a month. Maybe two. My opinion of people in fancy luxury cars is that they are ... ummm... how to say this tactfully... "well seasoned" "been around awhile". Oh, goodness, they are older. It's a reward to themselves, I think. AND they are the only ones who can afford the insurance anyway.

3. What’s the biggest thing on your mind right this moment? Why is this issue so important to you at this time?

TEST. TONITE. ONLY got three hours of sleep last night. Worrying. Why is it so important to me? Because last term in college I was, to put it mildly, Irresponsible. So now I am on academic probation for a term. Which means if I mess up THIS term? Yah. NOW you know why it's so important...

4. Have you ever cried when hearing about the death of a celebrity? If so, who? And if so, why? Who was the last celebrity you remember feeling sorry for? Why? Pick one celebrity you would miss if he/she were to die. Why this person?

The last celebrity I cried for was Ramblin' Rod. Only because I knew his family personally. I feel sorry for celebrity's all the time. Mainly because I hate having people point and stare at ME...so I can only IMAGINE how they feel.

I think I'm going to miss Patrick Swayze when he leaves this earth. I can't think of ONE of his films that I didn't like. Even though he and I have some different views on things, I respect him. And I drool over him. Is that like saying "Of COURSE, I'll respect you in the morning?" SIGH

Don't answer that!

No comments: