Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Monday on a Wednesday...Forgive me Karen

Karen's Monday Morning Meme went by on Monday without me. Wanted to write...I really did. Got alot of goop running around like a little squirrel cage in my head. Need to get it out.
But I've got sick kids...and overload in college. Reading three lead EKG's is harder than it looks!
So I hope she will pardon me...but here it is - a little bit late.

February 9th Questions:

1. How many coats do you own? Do have a good coat? Casual coat? Summer jacket? etc. Do you wear coats very often? Or do you have a tendency to leave your coat at home whenever you go out? What is your favorite coat? Why is this one your favorite? Care to model it for us?

Keep in mind that I am a single mom of four. I have been living with the same 3 fleece pullovers for about 3 years. Someone gave me an old Columbia ski jacket without the lining and that kept some of the rain off. Then I just found this Great deal at Ross Dress 4 Less (LOVE THAT PLACE). Nice looking parka style coat that fits me well...hood with fur trim. Unfortunately, WHITE. But for $16? Could not pass it up. So I have one...but I only wear it when I REALLY need to or if I dress up.

It is White you know...

2. You’ve learned a thing or two about this thing we call blogging. Tell us one thing you don’t recommend to other bloggers. Tell us one thing you do recommend to other bloggers.

I tried writing at first. Fancy words, ala' composition class, you know. Didn't work. Wasn't me. Blogging got to be more of a chore than a joy.

So now I write like I talk. With the added benefit that I can go back and erase my words before I have to eat them.

And I learned that if you take a blog break...you find out who your true friends are. They are the three or four who come back.

3. Is cursive writing a lost art? Should good penmanship be taught? Tell us about your handwriting - good / bad? Do you think your children have good handwriting (given their appropriate age, of course).

Ask my mother. I remember she took Caligraphy classes when I was in high school. And one common theme of her opinion about me (right after "you're a horrible mother because...") is that I have "horrible hand-writing". Guess I'm just horrible all around.

I have always had a hard time with writing. Wrote my J's and L's, 3's, 6's and 9's backwards till I was...well, guess that was yesterday! Which is the pits because my maiden name has J's AND L's in it. And I tend to slant my script both ways. Although I HAVE noted that my cursive is ALOT better than most of the men in my EMT Intermediate class.

Kids...the boy avoids cursive whenever possible. Number 2 likes it, number 3 (the artist of course) writes beautifully and number 4 isn't working on it yet.

4. Have you ever struggled with infertility? If you haven’t, or if it wasn’t the hardest thing you’ve ever had to go through — what was?

Took me four years to get pregnant with my first. I used to CRY on mother's day every year. Heck, I cried every MONTH when I discovered once again that there was no baby. Looked into adopting but couldn't afford it. Testing to see where the problem was...ever heard of a hysterosalpingogram? NOT FUN. I guess they don't do them very often so I had a gallery of spectators besides the radiologist, radiological tech, OB/GYN doc and my mother. While I was in a compromising position...

But it wasn't the hardest thing I have ever had to go through.

That would be when my daughter came to me one morning, snuggled up next to me in bed and said, "mom, Daddy has been hurting me"...

No comments: