Gonna pitch in my "two cents"!
don't ask me...I didn't name the stuff
preheat oven to 350. grease a 2 qt casserole dish.
- cook up one 8 oz package of skinny egg noodles.
- brown 1 1/2 lb.s of lean ground beef. When it is almost done, add 1 clove of minced garlic and 1 tbsp of butter.
- to the browned meat, add 3 8 oz cans of tomato sauce, 1 tbsp sugar, and season to taste (salt, pepper, italian seasonings). turn the heat on low and let this mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, blend together 8 oz of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup grated cheddar, 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion and 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper (optional).
- place half the cooked noodles in the bottom of the casserole. Spread the blended cheese mixture over the noodles. Layer on the rest of the noodles and pour the meat and tomato sauce over the top.
- sprinkle the top with another cup of grated cheddar or Jack/cheddar mix and top it all off with a dusting of parmesan.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- CHOW DOWN