Friday, January 30, 2009

narcoleptic in training

Woke up this morning when the alarm went off...

Fell back to sleep.

Got up, drove the kids to school, stopped at the gas station on the way home...

and fell asleep while they were pumping $20 worth into my minivan.

Went to the gym, walked almost 2 miles on a 3% grade and did some upper arm reps. Then went to a friends house and sat in their hot tub...

and fell asleep.

Went home, took a shower, read about half a chapter of Medical Terminology...

and fell asleep.

Picked up kids from school, baked a cake, tomato bread, spaghetti, Dump soup and fried potatoes. While the kids were eating?

You guessed it. I fell asleep.

Now I'm trying to take a test for one of my online writing classes...and trying to stay awake.
couldn't be that I'm on the go basically 70 hours a week including drive time. But it only lasts for three months.

IT is more difficult than I imagined trying to learn all the different meds we will use as EMT intermediates. Epi and Atropine and Lasix and Amiodarone and ... Normal Saline, D5W, Lactated Ringers... All those cool terms you used to hear on "Emergency" and "Rescue 911" when I was a kid. Now I get to LEARN them, their uses, dosages and what happens to some POOR PERSON if I mess UP!

Lord, please help me to learn this stuff well. Put sticky notes all over in my brain, dear Father, so I don't do anyone harm.

Saw a great quote on a bulletin board in my Writing 122 class but I forgot to write down the name of the author. I hope he will forgive me for posting it here but it has always been my philosophy of life and I've never heard it stated so well...

"What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other?"

I love it!! I try to live it...

No comments: