It is credited to Andy Rooney...I vaguely remember him. He seemed like a pretty smart guy when he was on the news. Then when I read this...I KNEW he was a smart guy. I just kinda chuckled under my breath because I remember how I was when I was younger. I have DEFINITELY mellowed with age. Or...maybe I have just realized that age and treachery will overcome youth and enthusiasm ANY day.
"As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:
- A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think.
- If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does somethin g she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.
- Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it.
- Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.
- Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.
- Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
- Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smar t, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year-old waitress.
Ladies, I apologize. "