Friday, August 15, 2008

The Life and Times of a Wild woman.

I don't know about you, but I really like the new Dashboard and the Font capabilities that Blogger has added. Very Nice!

Got to help at a birth Tuesday afternoon. It was INCREDIBLE. I almost go to DO the birth. The midwife sent me over to labor-sit and when I got there, Mommy was showing definite signs of transition. So I took a set of vitals and then calmly strolled down the hall out of earshot of the family...AND FRANTICALLY DIALED. HELLO...UMMM, Make it a SHORT lunch! Little boy was born 45 minutes later, a beautiful eight pound darlin with reddish hair and a loud voice.

Got an email on Wednesday that I have been awarded another scholarship. I am just so honored. I almost feel guilty; that is four scholarship awards, plus my grants. So my tuition, fees and books for the year are definitely covered. Just have to work out living expenses...

My surgical wound from April is almost healed up...but not quite. And I noticed this strange lump above it. So I had the doc check it yesterday - well, it seems now I have a hernia at the sight of the incision. Hmmmm, another surgery pending. Feels like I've been kicked while I'm down. I cried some, but don't feel as devastated as I was expecting to. I've gotten through this one...I'll get through the next one. It's not the end of the world. :D

Isn't it nice to be able to say that?

Kids are good, I am good, need to get out and exercise some, but I'm gonna wait till Sunday to do that when the temp is under 100! Havin' us a little heat wave here in NW Oregon. :D

Kids are going out for one last Hoo-Hah with the grandparents next week...all except the baby. It's a VERY rare occurence that she will spend the night away from me. I don't know if that's a good thing...or a bad thing. I expect she'll grow out of it. Although six is a bit old to be doing this "clingy" thing. I've been cutting her some slack, cuz I have been sick and weird the last few months. And when I have to leave for a birth it bothers her...but it is something she's going to have to get used to. So I'm doing my best to explain it and give her whatever warning I can.

Sent in our application and DVD to Extreme Makeover Home Edition yesterday. Been working on it for a few months. Did the scenes they requested with an old Hi-8 camcorder so I had to find someone to convert it to DVD. Velocity Studios is a SUPER friendly place. They made a cute label for the DVD and were less than half the price of the other places I called. Plus, they held it for almost two months until I could squeeze the money out of my budget. If you ever need any A/V work done, give them a shout! Good people!!

Well, thinkin' about taking the kids to the park before it gets up to 105. BLECH! Hope your day is wonderful and someone gives you a hug from me!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad things are looking up and that God continues to provide. Continuing to pray.