Monday, February 25, 2008

Random Ramblings

Ya'll are gonna think I've gone off the deep end and call the nice men in white coats to come take me where it's safe and padded after you read this post.

Just some random things that have popped into my brain today...

I wonder why people hang laundry out on a line in February in Oregon. It will mold before it dries. Are they nuts?

This seems like the wisdom of the ages to me for some reason -
"I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, 100 percent." Horton the Elephant

The verse I needed this morning more than I needed food...
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind." 1 Timothy 1:7

The dumbest road sign I have ever seen...
on a little country back road on the way to the midwifery clinic the other day. Don't know why I have never noticed it before. Maybe I was just in the "mood". It said "SLOW". The first thought out of my rebellious being was WHY?!? Am I gonna be struck by lightening? Is there a hole in the road? WHAT?!!? I actually sped up. Cuz I'm a pill like that.

And to top off all this love and wierdness, for my Death and Dying class, I have to write my own obituary this week. Something fitting in that.

Excuse my morbidity. But my life is kinda icky right now.

We've got three momma's due in the next two weeks. I can't wait. I need some wonder right now.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Glad you are writing at least--when things get icky writing can help. Praying for you but know that God is and has already worked it all out--we just can't see all the pieces of the quilt yet. :)