Sunday, November 18, 2007

Extra! Extra! Read all about it...

My beautiful #3 had to get glasses. She's all up for it, so I guess that's good! And our insurance paid 100% which is VERY good! And Mommy had to get new glasses. Cuz mine were kinda trashed (scratched and held together with a chunk of paper clip). I also needed a stronger prescription...but no bifocals yet, thank goodness! It only took me about 43 tries with the cell phone to get a picture of myself. My hair is too long and my eyebrows are too thick. But, HEY, that's me all over!

EMT lab day yesterday. Always just WIPEs me out! Grabbed chicken at the local grocery for dinner. Too beat to cook. And we practiced Epinephrine injections on eachother. GAG. with sterile water, of course. Learned about activated charcoal administration, nitro, glucose gel, aspirin and all the other fun pharmacological things they let EMT's do now adays.

#4 tried to do a sleepover tonight but didn't even make it till 7pm before she called me sobbing. She has had "mommy-itis" severely the last two weeks. Poor bug.

My mom gave me the idea of making a Thanksgiving tree. So I got out a big piece of paper, drew a tree trunk on it and cut out some paper leaves. Each kiddo gets to write something they are thankful for every day till Thanksgiving and paste their leaf to the tree. Then we'll give it to Gramma at Dinner.
So I ask #4..."What are you thankful for, sweety?"
"Well, Mom, I am just SO thankful that I am cute!"

Really now.
Yes, I wrote it on the leaf. Along with her name. Like we wouldn't' know who said it.

This is going to be a long week. The girls don't have school at all.
I need to memorize at least 3 minutes of some piece of Americana (whatever THAT is) for speech class in two weeks.
Only two weeks till a final in Algebra. Aaaaagh!
And my truck is barely running. Please pray for my car situation. It looks like I am going to have to drive LOTS more next term for school and I don't know how I will swing it with this rig. I know God has a plan and I'm trying to trust and not stress about it.

Trying. Not succeeding much. **Smiles**
Just in case I don't see you before Thursday...
Have a blessed week, my friends. I wish you a peaceful holiday.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

The tree is a good idea.