Monday, October 22, 2007

Little Old Lady...



Visit The Artist's Website!

BlogAdorn.com



Ah, well!
The party's over and the gifts have been opened. Cake eaten...children's drawings ooooo'ed and Aaaaah'ed over.

And I am one year older.

Seems just the other day I was posting about turning forty.
The only time I really feel my age is when I have "Lab" day at EMT class. Trying to keep up with all those young bucks wears me to a frazzle.

Last week was special.

Monday night was my first honest-to-goodness real-life, saw-it-all-happen birth! Beautiful 8lb 9oz girl. Bit of meconium and a slow start with some blow-by O2, but she took a mighty hold on life and was nursing like a pro when we left.

Amazing. Awesome. Incredible.

Prenatal day Thursday then a test in class that night. Keeping up with my classes fairly well. Except Algebra. I'm going down in flames there.

Some dental work here and there. Blech!

Saturday was practice day in EMT world...taking vitals, patient histories, inserting airways and learning about oxygen tanks.
They're always green, you know. And they wobble when you stand them up. So I spent half the day as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs watching those teenagers balancing these tall cylinders on tables. Trying to restrain myself from reaching out to catch them when they threatened to fall and explode. Makes me nervous just thinking about it.

ANYWAY, I had a good birthday. MG got me some wonderful lotion and a fuzzy pink robe so I don't have to run around the house freezing. Kids all made me cute cards. Got some money from the parents and aunties...just enough to keep the electricity on, thank the Good Lord!

MG and the kids made me a birthday cake! It was wonderful. They tried so hard with the German Chocolate cake mix and the strawberry frosting. I wish I had photos! It was a little lopsided and they spelled out "Happy Birthd-ay" in chocolate chips on the top. It was so precious.

I'm all better and no one else caught the yuk. At least no one in my house. I think I gave it to the midwife I assist. But she thinks she caught it from one of the mommy's - so I'll just let her think that.

All in all, things are good. Future looks bright. Everyone is healthy. MG and I are still in love.

What more could an old lady ask for?

Here's my quote for the day...from Mr. Snicket's Horseradish book -

"Fate (or Life) is like a strange unpopular restaurant filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."

I read that and thought "WOW! YAH! THat's just what it feels like some days!"

God bless your socks off!

**Note to kk...Nope, I still haven't gotten hold of any recordings of "Jangle Bells". But I'm still working on it. :D

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a good one and were able to squeeze in some serious celebrating. For the record 41 IS NOT old, especially since I will be hitting that milestone in 5 years. We still have alot of life left in us!

Donetta said...

A gift of word

"I am glad you were born."
BIG HUG!!!!!!!!!!