Tuesday, April 10, 2007

His Word is a Light - CWO IOW



"Ancient Words, ever true
Changing me and changing you
We have come with open hearts
O let the ancient words impart."

~ Lynn DeShazo~



Loni at Joy In The Morning chose the quote above from a song. I haven't heard the song, so I don't know how the tune goes. The words sound like an old hymn but Darlene says it's a contemporary hymn.
Either way, the words definitely mean something to me.

So many times in my life I have been without direction; at a crossroads or at an impasse, not knowing which way to turn. It is then that I turn to a gift given to me by a wonderful friend.

I call it my "Pink Bible". Cuz I have lots of Bibles...the black one, the brown one, the little black one with the gold family name on the front, the blue one, the sunrise one. You get the picture.

Anyway, God uses this book to speak to me. I'm not joking. All I do is say a quick prayer - "please show me, Father" and flip it open. Go to the next devotion and WHAMMO!

If it doesn't give me a direct answer, it will definitely give me something to think about.

And it has happened not just once or twice but more times than I can count, Ya'll! Needless to say, I keep this book in a safe place. It's actually kind of scary.

Think what you will; I may be crazy. But this Bible has seen me through career decisions, life threatening illnesses, abandonment and grief.

And I thank Him and praise Him for using His Word to give me His word on the subject.

"I was lost, but now, I'm found! Was blind, but now I see."
"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path..."

1 comment:

Denise said...

I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing.