Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Delectable Desserts - Recipe Rally

MY Favorite DAY...we finally get to do a dessert over at CHBM's Recipe Rally.

I have to do two.
Actually, it's hard to restrain myself to two. I have SO many favorite desserts.
I love to bake. Not COOK, Bake. Pastry, pies, breads, desserts. Mmmmmm.
Maybe that's why I used to weigh 405 lbs. Yah think?

Here's one of the bestest cookie recipes...
She'll probably make cookies a seperate post later on, but that's ok, I can share more then!
I have a million of 'em!

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 cup butter or margarine 1 cup sugar
1 egg 1 tsp vanilla
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1 ¾ cup flour
½ cup buttermilk ½ tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips ½ tsp salt

**Note – if you don’t have buttermilk, you can make a great substitute by placing ½ TBSP white vinegar into a measuring cup and adding milk to make ½ a cup. Let stand for 5 minutes**

Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder and buttermilk until smooth. Add to creamed mixture and blend well.
Sift together flour, soda and salt; add and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes or till set. Makes 4 dozen.

And then I HAVE to share this one with you, because it sounded SO weird. TO be honest with you, I haven't tried it yet. But I've been wanting too...REALLY BADLY!

Deep Fried Twinkies AKA Heart Attack on a Stick
Courtesy of the LawDog

6 Twinkies
Popsicle sticks
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 Tablespoon oil
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
The recommended amount of cooking oil for your fryer.

"Take your Twinkies and impale them on the popsicle sticks. Leave enough stick protruding from the twinkie to make a decent grip and lay the twinkies into the freezer over-night.On the day of the deed, mix your flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate dish, mix your milk, vinegar and oil. Once the liquids are mixed, whisk them into the dry mix and mix until smooth. This is your batter, toss it into the fridge.
Heat your fryer to about 375.Once the oil is at the proper temperature, take your twinkies from the freezer, dust lightly with flour, and swish through the batter mix, making sure to coat evenly and fully.Holding your twinkie stick with some tongs, dunk it into the oil. It's going to try to float, so hold it under the surface until it turns a nice golden brown -- usually about three to four minutes.Toss twinkie onto a paper towel, allow to drain, and consume.If your cardiologist finds out you've been eating these, I didn't post this, I wasn't here, and you must have gotten the recipe from my evil twin, Skippy."

Hee HEE! Isn't he FUNNY!
If you actually try these, let me know. I'd love to hear your opinion!

1 comment:

Karianne said...

Your blog has been making me so hungry lately!