Saturday, March 10, 2007

It's official...I'm a dingdong!

OK, I can NOT believe I did this!

You aren't gonna believe it either.

For those of you who are lucky enough to live in states without Daylight Savings Time, you might not get understand here. But I am SO paranoid about missing DST!
I have gone to church an hour late...and service was just getting over. I have gotten to work an hour early or an hour late, depending on whether it was "Fall Back" or "Spring Forward".

Lots of people do that! So I didn't feel so stupid, ya' know.

BUT NOW...TODAY takes the cake.
I set my clock ahead last night and went to bed extra early, cuz I was gonna lose an hour of sleep tonight, you know. And I'm already sleep deprived enough as it is.

I'm pretty proud of myself! I remembered. I'll be at work ON time.
Proud of myself?

YAH RIGHT!

I get halfway to work and it dawns on me...

Daylight Savings Time is TOMORROW NIGHT!

Yep! I got to work an hour early.
And I can hear you now..."Oh, that's not too bad!" But let me tell you, it seems worse somehow when I actually got up at 3:00 in the morning...and I could have "slept in" until 4!!

BLYECH!

So I sat in the Employee Dining Room and read my new Reader's Digest for an hour. Which made me sleepier than I already am.

JUST GREAT!

I'm a dingdong.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

LOL that is funny. You would be surprised at the calls I get at work at DST. My hint is to look at the time on their cel phone. It is controlled by the towers and will have the correct time.
Love the CindyLoo Who look. Both my girls had it.
And yes you have to buy the HE detergent because these washers use less water and less soap. I've heard horror stories about people putting in regular soap.

Kathy said...

Yeah well so am I.
I usually have the coffee ready to brew for my husband when he gets up in the morning. A few days ago my morning routine was a bit different and I forgot. He called me at work and asked where the coffee was. Usually I buy a brand in a white bag, but had tried something new cause it was cheaper. I told him to look for the brown bag on the island. He was holding the brown bag and said, "Do you mean the decaf French Roast?" Yep, for the past week and a half we had started our day with decaf!