Hard to believe that I've been T.T.'ing for 23 weeks! That's getting close to six months. Amazing!
My poor little brain couldn't generate a theme this week, so I'm just gonna go with 13 random things about me. Stuff you may know...or you may not!
1. I have at least one filling in every tooth in my mouth. Yah, even the front ones. And I need more. Gonna start working on it really hard at the end of this month. They are soft and discolored because of intrauterine exposure to Tetracycline.
2. I am allergic to Tetracycline. Go figure. I break out in hives.
3. I'm trying to raise funds to go to college. Just a two year Associates program which will probably take me at least 3 years because I can only go half time. Cuz I have to work, too, ya' know. Sometimes it seems hopeless, but I keep on keeping on.
4. After losing 185 lb.s to gastric Bypass surgery, I have GAINED 16 lbs in the last year. YIKES! Probably because I am snacking too much at my totally, completely sedentary job.
5. I think I'll be going on a diet now.
6. Until I lost all the weight, I never understood the concept of "fat pants". When you weigh 400 lb.s, they are ALL fat pants. With elastic. And EVERYTHING stretches. A pound or two one way or the other doesn't make much of a difference. But when you weigh 200, 10 lb.s can move you up an entire pants size. It's a unique phenomenon.
7. I'm gonna get my own bike. This week. I already got me a helmet. (yes, I know my grammar is yucky) I got a special "gel" seat...cuz I'm just not up for the pain of that teeny seat the new bikes come with. I'm sure you understand without me getting TOO much more graphic. Maybe that will help with #4-5. I can't wait! I have visions of flying around town on my new bike. I'll probably look like a doof and hurt myself the first day with my luck.
8. I like Southern Gospel Music. Especially four-part harmonies. Oooo WOW!
9. It seems to be a rule of life that I have to damage every vehicle I own within 3 months of acquiring it. My cute little red car that I currently drive? Tanker truck backed into me at the gas station. Just a 6 inch scrape in the drivers' door, but RATS! Why can't I keep a nice car? My exhusband used to get SO mad at me!
10. I was a foster parent for a year. The most in my care at one time was 8, including one with special needs and two under 4. Thank God that only lasted for a week. Because I truly didn't know how much longer I could keep it up. They tell you in Foster Parent training that you have to set your own limits because they will push you. I'm here to tell you...They ain't JOKIN'!!
11. I am too lenient with my children. I cleaned the girls room for them today. I've done the boy's room several times. Maybe I'm trying to make up for all the years of toeing the line when they were younger. I don't know. Maybe I'm just a big mooshy and don't like confrontation. Either way...I know I'm spoiling them. Am I gonna change? I'm praying about it. Is that ok?
12. I think I'd like to work in security. But I don't know if I trust myself to make good choices. Sometimes my common sense takes leave of me and I do stupid stuff. And like I said in #11, I'm a big mooshy. I don't know...we'll see.
13. I've been told several times that I should run a 9hundred# phne S*X line. Because I have a sultry voice, I guess, on the phone. Ummmm, NO. I think NOT! Hope I typed that right so I won't get a bunch of Google hits from the wrong type of people. Anyway, there are just some things I won't stoop to. And that's one of 'em. I even applied to work at a plywood mill and drive log truck before I would do "that". Sheesh!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants