Monday, January 01, 2007

Oh Heavenly Daze! A new arrival!

IN case I forgot to tell you...my dryer died.

It was a good dryer. Back in July, my dryer stopped making heat. So I got a clothesline. You can do that in July.

Then I found a sad little Maytag at the local Fire Department's rummage sale for $10 and hauled her home. I use the term "little" loosely - I swear she weighed about 300 lbs.

Anyway, I got my $10 worth of use out of her...she lasted till the day before Christmas. Argh. Right when I'm out of money and running low on grace and a sense of humor. AND when it's colder than you-know-what outside and RAINING every day, to boot! It's Oregon, ya' know. So hanging them outside is out. As is hanging them inside with 4 kids.

She kinda did what the last one did...runs real well; just not making any heat.
SOOOOOoooo, did you know you can run one load on "air fluff" for 32 hours and THEN the load will be dry? It may smell a little funny, but it's dry.
And children's clothes are a priority?

Which means Mommy was running low on clean underwear. It's not a good thing. I know, probably TMI...
But you know that stupid little thong someone bought you as a joke back in 1993 that just still happens to be in the bottom of the dresser drawer? Ummm, well, Yah! When yer desperate, yer desperate, OK?!?

I hooked up with a friend from church who was moving and got her washer/dryer set for a GREAT deal! She even delivered it Saturday morning. So when I got home from work, I changed out the plug to a four-pronger (and let me tell you what, after three dryers in the last year, I'm gettin' pretty dern good at it if I do say so myself) I conned...errrr, begged two neighborhood teenagers to move it up onto the porch for me and I got it wiggled into the house.

OH YES! I can dry a load of clothes in ONE hour! ONE SINGLE HOUR, people!!
Not two hours, not 36 hours - ONE. Just GLORIOUS ONE!

Can you tell I'm slightly jazzed about it? I keep looking at MG with a big grin on my face sayin' "OH Honey!?!! I got clean clothes!"

I even got up at 3:30 in the morning and put in a load of laundry, just because I could.
And that's sayin' something. Cuz I detesteth Mornings! Bigtime.

Thanks for sharing the joy.
And about the thong thing...Ummmm, let's keep that between you and me, ok? :D

4 comments:

Connie said...

LOL! You, me, and all of bloggydom :D I'm tellin EVERYONE!! GUESS WHAT PEEPS!!! JANEAN WEARS A THONG!!!!

Hmmm perhaps I shall post about this on my blog...

LOL!

the lizness said...

OMW!! that is hilarious, but way to make the best of it for a GREAT blog post.

Anonymous said...

Lol! But what a blessing that God provided for you!
Lizzie
A Dusty Frame

Kathy said...

I don't know where in Oregon you live. But if you are near Beaverton try calling up A&P Appliance, 644-0382. Sounds like maybe it could have been the TCO or thermostat. Both very easy, and relatively inexpensive repairs. The people at A&P are Christians, and they will help you diagnose and tell you how to make the repair yourself.