Saturday, January 13, 2007

FINAL SOMF post - wk 9




This week, Heather says, "I am asking you to consider all the previous weeks. You don’t have to write out every part of this, I just want you to consider."

Well, I tend to have problems concentrating sometimes and besides, I want to go back some day and read this all over. I probably should back it up all onto a disc or something serious like that. **note to self - Start saving for a CD Burner! I really would hate to lose all this writing, notes, links to friends.

What was a surprise? What wasn’t? One of the biggest surprises for me was actually finishing this study. I have a hard time doing that in real life. My Spiritual Gifts weren't that much of a surprise because I had taken tests before.
What have you learned about yourself? It was hard for me to admit that I have control issues; I need to be in control and have a hard time relinquishing that to anyone...including God.
What have you learned about God? I have learned that God can speak to you in so many amazing different ways. Through a child's voice, as you study and pray, from a Blogger Buddy's insights...
What have you learned about your relationship with Him? That He is just WAITING to talk to me! Even something as simple as my taking time for Him...even just a minute and He'll snatch up that opportunity to let me know that He is near.
What have you learned about your relationship to His church? To unbelievers? In researching my gifts and talents, I discovered that I actually now look FORWARD to being able to help in my fields of strength. There was a point in time that I was "burned out"; my small church has alot of elderly people and about 5 couples who were doing the majority of the work. To my shame, I got tired of it. Let someone else take a turn, I've had enough. Forgive me, Father, for that attitude. Being "tired" of serving the Lord, serving His people, serving unbelievers...how sad is that? and how childish?
Look back at your previous weeks, now can you see the big picture? What is the Lord showing you about your part in His plan? I think that following through with the entire "Shape Of My Faith" study has definitely helped bring together the scattered strings and tie them all together. It has also given me the courage to speak out and step forward in areas of my life where I had been hanging back in fear and indecision.
Do you have a better sense of what He wants you to do? YES!
Finally, how have you grown through this “study”? I have taken small "Spiritual Gifts" surveys before and morning seminars, but following through with this study has really helped me to wrap it all up and see how the different parts and experiences of my life have prepared me for my future service to Christ. It's kind of silly, but I can't remember the last time I actually "completed" a study...I always start them and then never finish. It felt good to know that I was faithful to the end and that God was waiting there each time I opened up my heart to write a week's post.

Thank you, Heather, for taking the time to post this. I know it must have been a struggle to find the time to do all that typing and design everything. But you did a wonderful job. It was a blessing to me and I know from the comments left on the site that it was a blessing to many others as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go You!! I am impressed. There weren't many to actually fnish. Proud of you. :) Ery encouraging to me how He used this to bless others.