Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Tag...Things about me...

Snagged from Tina at http://mommyofftherecord.blogspot.com/...

I've probably already done this...but it had a couple of twists I didn't remember. And I'm bored tonite. So here goes...

Try not to laugh too hard.

Things you may not know about me...
1. I believe that Bras are a torture instrument.
2. I don't eat anything attached to a bone (e.g. chicken, ribs)! Too many biology classes..
3. Speaking of biology classes, in high school advanced biology, we had a project to find a dead animal, debone it (decay, boiling, bugs, acid, whatever...) and then reconstruct the skeleton. Everyone picked owls, rats, raccoons...you know, roadkill, basically. NOT ME!
Dad came home one morning from the coffee shop and said "HEY, there's a dead dolphin washed up on the beach!" So GUESS WHAT I DID?
I know...it may be illegal in several states, but I reconstructed a six foot dolphin. Except for one flipper which was carried off by small animals while I waited for some of the meat to rot off. And I was NOT very popular at school when I was boiling the rest of the meat off a half rotten sea mammal in the lower hallways biology lab. Ewwwwww....
I got an imcomplete as well, because the one flipper was missing. Last I heard, the high school STILL HAS THE THING in the biology classroom.
4. I have been an EMT and a firefighter.
5. I used to raise rabbits for meat. Have also raised pigs, 5 different kinds of chickens, turkeys, 3 different kinds of ducks, and several variety of goats.

Things I want to do before I die...
1. Be an EMT again.
2. Deliver a baby.
3. See all my children graduate from High School and come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
4. Record a Gospel CD.
5. Go dancing.

Things I cannot do...
1. Dance!
2. Snap my fingers. Just get a small "thudding" sound when I try.
3. Eat a tomato without gagging.
4. Eat fish without a similar response.
5. Stand on my head or do a cartwheel.

Things I CAN do...
1. Make my eyeballs wiggle.
2. Speak "Whale" fairly well. (see Dory on Finding Nemo)
3. Make cool paper snowflakes with pictures in the pattern.
4. Can create a decent quilt.
5. This is getting hard....Ummmmm...OH, I know! I can grow babies. Got 4!

Things that attracted me to my husband (MG)...
1. He seeks God's will and craves the Lord's blessing.
2. He has a generous heart.
3. He knows how to apologize.
4. I can talk to him - he is my friend.
5. We laugh.

Things I say most often...
1. SERIOUS?!?
2. Really? (this loses some translation without the voice inflection)
3. ExCUSE me! Can you NOT do that, please?!?
4. I love you!
5. Can I have a hug?

Movies I love...
1. White Christmas. "Counting Your Blessings" is one of the best songs!
2. Thelma and Louise. I know, I know...
3. Little Mermaid. That crab with the accent cracks me up!
4. Beaches with Bette Midler.
5. Sound of Music and Fiddler on the Roof. "If I were a rich man, yiddle-deedle-diddle-deedle-diddle-deedle-diddle dum..." ooops, sorry, momentary lapse on reality there.

So if you read this and you wanna fill it in, I'd love to read it! TAG!

2 comments:

Posh Mama said...

I found you on Midlife Moments, I am new to the blogging world. I did one, check it out!

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

That is a great list!! Guess what I got in the mail today??? Give up??? My white elephant gift from you!! COme check out my post! Thanks again. Jennifer