Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Sunday Morning Singles...

Everyday Daddy is doing some guest writting over at Everyday Mommy's place.
http://www.everydaymommy.net/everyday-mommy/2006/12/6/abdicator-or-servant-leader.html

WOW!
There used to be a group of ladies at our church who called ourselves the Sunday Morning Singles because you wouldn't see our guys in God's house unless it was Christmas, Easter or some other special occasion. We would sit together and sympathize with eachother.

By the grace of God, after 16 years, I am NO LONGER a member in good standing of this group, for various reasons. But the subject of Men who refuse to stand up and be MEN is near and dear to my heart.
In most of my past relationships, I have had to "step up" and run the family because the "man" of the house hold would not or could not.
I DON'T LIKE IT. It's not FUN! As a result, it has made me into a very controlling person who has a hard time relinquishing that control to anyone; man or God.
Yet I long for it. I long to have someone to rely on; someone who will make the major decisions (with my input of course!) and stand by those decisions. I long to have that security. Yet is it fair to place that on any man's shoulders? I don't know. Especially now that I am a "package deal"...five for the price of one.

Rest assured, I will be checking back with Everyday Mommy to read the "rest of the story!" I can hardly wait! WOW!

No comments: