Monday, December 18, 2006

OK, I'm officially stressed out!

I guess it doesn't help that I had a rough night last night so I'm dead tired. Kids woke me up several times.
And it doesn't help that I feel like my sinuses are full of sea-water and I've developed a nasty little cough.
And it doesn't help that out of the 6 santa pickups I was supposed to make last night...I only scored one of them. But my #1 boy went with me and we talked about alot of stuff that we needed to talk about. So there's an up-side to that one.

Stress has officially set in.

What am I gonna do if my kids are disappointed on Christmas morning? What if I can't get the house in decent order for the 15 members of my family who are supposed to come over on Friday? Why do I have this mounting anxiety that my parents and MG are getting me gifts and I can't get them anything back? I'm not a good receiver...even though God has tried to teach me the lessons of humility and grace MANY times over the last year and a half, I guess I haven't learned it yet.

And WHY am I stressed out about it? I've been trying to be philosophical and laid-back about the holidays this year. How did it switch into high gear when I wasn't looking?

I need a big dose of "Silent Night, Holy Night" PEACE. I really do remember the Reason for the Season. I'm just having a tough time keeping my eyes ON Him.

Ok, I think I'm done whining now. At least you all will listen to me without rolling your eyes.

You didn't roll your eyes...DID YOU? :D LOL

No comments: