Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Huggin' = good medicine!

It's amazing how much better I feel today. Lots of hugging chases the blues away.

Pretty much!

Kids snuggled up against me most of the morning and Prayer and lots of chocolate and one shot of Bailey's mixed with coffee (that was one of my Christmas gifts from MG).
Uh, oh. Was I bad?

You know, where I grew up, you couldn't drink alcohol. AT ALL. BIG sin. Yah. Straight to hell in a handbasket.
Hope you don't think I'm being irreverrant here. But even cough syrup that contained alcohol was forbidden.

What do you think? I know I feel at peace about it. But I've been wrong before. Leave me a comment!

Anyway! This is one of THE most blessed Christmases I've ever had. MG spoiled me rotten...pink longjohns (OH yah!! LOVE 'em!), free-standing mixer (not a kitchenaid, but still VERY functional!), two Rascal Flatts CD's, HUGE box of chocolate (he KNOWS what I like :D) and the Baileys.
#1 gave me a big hug and kiss. Considering I missed the BIG YELLOW sticker on the front of his main gift (an RC airplane) that says "IMPORTANT...Battery pack required and NOT included", I'm amazed the boy still talks to me.

** Note to self...That does it! relinquishing that Mommy License - Uhhh, as soon as I find it!

#2 made me a calendar that was sweeter than sweet and got me a little ceramic Christmas Coffee house at the dollar store. She also knows what Mommy likes! Chocolate, Coffee and my Kids...not necessarily always in that order, either.

#3 also made a trip through the dollar store (she specifically requested "Mommy Time" so we did that one afternoon) and her gift to me was some scrapbooking stickers. And a big toothy grin. :D

#4 drew me a picture of a Koala bear. I think it was hiding in a forest...maybe. Kinda. But that's OK! It's the thought that counts!

We draw names on my side of the family. Why do I keep saying that? I don't have a "his side of the family" any more!! Someday I'll get used to it, I guess. ANYWAY, I digress...
My sister in Alaska got my name. I can always count on her for some AWESOME scrapbooking treasure! Brads, HUGE pad of paper, 3 inch circle punch, 4-way corner punch with embellishments. WOW! AND, to top it all off, a beautiful raspberry fleece shirt from Land's End. Mmmmm. Yummy warm.
THEN, my mother decided to put together stockings for each of her four girls this year. Lots of fun stuff inside like Cucumber melon shower gel, candles, necklace, beaded belt, a journal she covered herself and SO many more little treats I can't recall them all.

I truly felt the love this year. Everything was peaceful...The kids were amazing. MG was wonderfully strong and supportive. If it weren't for a bout with the blues Monday, a DEAD clothes drier and my baby sister making some REALLY poor choices, I would have proclaimed it close to perfect. At least one of the best ever.

And THE best one ever was the original holiday. The birth of Jesus our Christ. King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

What would I do without Him? The ULTIMATE gift.
I am SO very grateful!

3 comments:

Connie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better Friend!

Karianne said...

Janean, You know, drinking was always a big part of our family functions growing up. When our mom got treatment for alcoholism about 10 years ago, I gave up drinking completely out of solidarity, I guess. But since my dad died, I have been enjoying a drink with Chris on our date night on occasion and then at times during the week with dinner. It was hard to bring my mind around that it was ok, but I'm getting there. Glad that you are feeling better and had such a wonderful Christmas

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing better and had a good Christmas.

As far as your alcohol question--it falls under the one man eats meat offered to idols with clear conscience but another's conscience bothers him and for him it is sin. We are not to case others to sin but we are also free indeed. In fact, Paul told Timothy to drink some wine for his frequent illness. If you have peace then it is fine, but for another, who is tempted to overimbibe it is not. We generally do not drink alcohol, only because there are many alcoholics in both of our families and we do not want to tempt them. However, we got a bottle of wine from my aunt and uncle and will probably drink a glass (it knocks both of us out anyway) then I will use the rest to cook.