Monday, October 30, 2006

multiple personalities

OK, it occurred to me after I Posted that last post about my relationship with Christ and where my faith is at that after reading some of my stuff, someone who didn't know me well might wonder what is up with this "dual personality". I mean, one minute I'm talking about tattoos and saying "Freakin'" in my post and the next minute I talk about my Heavenly Father.

Well, the truth of the matter is that one doesn't have to be perfect to be a Child of God and to follow Him. In fact, if I WERE perfect, I wouldn't need Him then, would I?

There's an old Gospel song that says "I'm only a sinner saved by Grace". Yep...that's me! I still do things ALL the time that make my Heavenly Father sad. And I do alot of stuff that ain't exactly straight...but ain't exactly crooked either. Kinda like pushing the limits to see how far I can go. I know God understands where He and I are at. I apologize to Him CONSTANTLY...but that means I talk to Him alot.

He is ALWAYS there for me. Always. When the worst things have happened and I just wanted the earth to swallow me up to take away the hurt...He knew. And He cried right along with me.

God and I have been through alot of crud together. And it may sound irreverant...but He is my "Friend that sticks closer than a brother". He's my bud. I have NO IDEA how I would survive in this life without Him.

So here's where I stand on God. I know Him and I love Him with all my heart.

Do I hurt Him? Yes. Although I try not to because I love Him and you don't want to hurt those you love.
Do I do things that OTHERS feel are wrong? Yes. But that stuff is between God and me. I know that others watch me, especially my kids, and they see how I live. Causing someone else to stumble in their walk with God is something I never want to do. God says there are some stiff consequences for people who hurt His children.
So all I can do is my best. I try...and I try...and I fall.

This blog is written by a human woman. That just about says it all right there.

No comments: