Sunday, March 23, 2014

Surprised by "Frozen"...


#4 asked for the movie "Frozen" for her birthday.  It didn't come out till the 18th and I've been a little busy so...Yah...I just got it yesterday.  
Watched it four times before bed and she left it playing in my room all night...repeatedly.  The volume was down, but still...
So I've been near this playing movie probably a total of a dozen times in the last 18 hours and missed the last 10 minutes EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Cuz I'm a little ADD...I have a tough time sitting still that long. And I have to do grownup stuff like cook, clean, answer the door, etc.

Now that I've FINALLY gotten to see the ending, I have a few observations;
1) I am a poor judge of character.  Of course, I've known that since the kids' father was arrested, but I argued with #4 through the entire movie ..."Hans cannot be BAD!  He's so sweet to her, handsome, caring..."                      Yup, I was wrong.
2) I laughed when Ana punched him at the end.  And cheered.  Because sometimes, you don't get the chance to do that to someone who almost kills you.
3) I love the fact that this "Kid's movie" teaches little girls what a SUPER HUGE BAD VERY TERRIBLE idea it is to fall in "love" with someone in one day...that it takes time to get to know someone before you jump into a relationship.
4) I can SO relate to Elsa...after accidentally hurting her sister, she secludes herself from everyone she loves for fear of hurting someone again.  The loneliness must have been horrible.
5) Elsa sings like Barbara Streisand....seriously!
6) May I say I just ADORE Olaf, the snowman.  Ana says "I don't know what love is..."  He replies "That's ok!  I DO! It's when you put someone else's needs before your own."  TRUTH!  AND he models love in the fact that he sticks by Ana even when his own life is in danger from the fire.  
    His child-like wonder at new and amazing things makes me smile, as well.
7) The first thing I hear out of everyone's mouth is (shocked horror) "OMG...It's a MUSICAL!"  Ummm...So?  That's what makes this movie INcredible for me.  Cuz I...Love....Music.  And they do too...which is what makes me say "Hmmmm".
8) The way Kristoff does voices for the Reindeer?  Cracked me up!  Because you could just LOOK at the reindeer's face and see that what Kristoff was saying was exactly what Sven was thinking.  I wish I had someone who could read my mind like that...
9) The only thing I kinda had an issue with is the fact that, in the end, the fairy tale story finale is "LOVE CONQUERS ALL AND CAN FIX ANYTHING".  I am living proof that this theory is baloney.

 If love fixed everything, then my children's father wouldn't have abused our daughters and gone to prison after 16 years of marriage.
If love fixed everything, my #3 wouldn't be in and out of mental hospitals.  
If love fixed everything, #4 wouldn't have OCD, SID and severe anxiety, #1 wouldn't be depressed and would have someone to love him and #2 wouldn't have ADD and be addicted to "internet relationships".
If love fixed everything, he wouldn't have left me....and he wouldn't have left me....and he wouldn't have left me...and he wouldn't have left me.
If love fixed everything, C wouldn't have left with him....and T would have beat that cancer. My two best friends in the world...gone.
If love fixed everything, people dear to me wouldn't turn to alcohol and drugs to numb their pain.

I wish it did.  But that's the true "fairy tale" part.

No comments: