Thursday, August 19, 2010

Don't Faint! I actually WROTE on my BLOG!

I'm feeling an overwhelming urge to write. Maybe that is one reason why I am wound tighter than a two-dollar watch lately...no creative outlet.
So, lacking fodder that isn't extremely morose, I popped on over to Friday Fill-in
and thought I would give it a go.


1. Laughter often eludes you when you need it the most, yet sneaks up on you when you least expect it.

2. "Hey, Dad...Sorry" are the three words that started off the last email I sent. That's kind of a bad lead off so you have to hear "the rest of the story"...as in, Sorry I didn't get this to you sooner."

3. What I'm most looking forward to today is Sewing. I am GOING to sew. I have been off school on summer break for a week now and I WANT to sew. So I'm just going to bite the bullet and go for it.

4. My number four puts a smile on my face. Everyday. Other things that make me smile are hugs from my kids, watching a mom hold her new baby for the first time, my mentor's big grin, my friend's text-message forwards, my dog and knowing that God loves me.

5. Where in the world did my 18-inch MagLite go? Went to go camping last week and apparently the children have been using it - cuz it AIN'T where it's supposed to be.

6. Leaning over squeezing the hips and lower back of a first-time Mom in labor; I let go to grab some equipment just as a contraction starts. Her husband tries to mimic what I was doing...but apparently didn't quite have my touch. She looks up and pleads "Janean, please come back. I need you!" THAT, ladies and gentleman, was just what I needed!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Karaoke, dancing and hanging out with my friends, tomorrow my plans include baking and getting ready for a visit from friends I haven't seen in almost 30 years, and Sunday, I want to spend more time with my friends and my children and just...relax!

No comments: