Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 New Year's quiz...

My friend at A Dusty Frame posted this quiz on her page...and I wanted to share it as well. God bless your new year!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Learn to start an IV and read a three lead EKG. I held and kissed a dear sweet man who died less than a week later and made a shirt for him to be buried in. I danced the two step and performed a marriage ceremony. And I became the parent of a Fifteen year old boy, an 11 year old girl, a 10 year old girl and a 7 year old girl.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions. It just makes me depressed when I fail.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant?

No one close to me as in "related", but as a homebirth midwife's assistant, I have been present for several births. I think I got to go to about a dozen this year. And each one was special, amazing and different.

4. Did anyone close to you get married?

Yes, my bestest Friend T! And I performed the ceremony.

5. Did anyone close to you die?

My sweetheart's father. It was time for him to go. He had been battling cancer and COPD for a long time and he was so tired.

6. Travel?

Went across the state of Oregon several times to visit my honey. But that's about it...

7. Did you move anywhere?

Not this last year. I may get to move soon, though!! Got an application in for a FIVE bedroom house. Yes...I said FIVE.

8. What was the best month?

May was pretty good. And December was nice, too, but don't know that I have a FAVORITE month.

9. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

My sweetheart with me ALWAYS. A reliable vehicle. The financial means to help those who need it more than I.

10. What date(s) from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May 10th when Darlin' and I had a commitment party. June 17th when I realized I had survived for four years since my "personal 9-11". June 12 when my oldest daughter graduated to middle school.

11. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Lizzie says..."Does holding it all together count?" I wholeheartedly agree!

12. What was your biggest failure?
Flunking my EMT Intermediate practical exam...twice.

13. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Not physically...

14. What was the best thing you bought?

My very own Doppler, BP cuff and O2 Saturation meter. So I have my very own "midwife's bag"

15. Whose behavior merited celebration?

My son. He is so wise at fifteen that I sometimes just stand in awe. He knows when I need a hug, he realized when he felt depressed and asked for a counselor, and he worked with that counselor to create a plan for the future with a positive outlook. Two weeks ago, his high school class was talking about career choices and MY BOY was the only one who knew what he wanted to work for.

16. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?

A family member who shall remain nameless. I'll have to leave it at that. The media with their false information, a lady named Alice and, sometimes, I must admit I appall and depress MYSELF.

17. Where did most of your money go?
Utility bills and Gasoline.

18. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Not much. There were lots of pleasant things in my life this year. But nothing really Woopee, Woohoo...Ya know?

19. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"If your goin' through hell, keep on moving. Face that fire, walk right through it. You might get out before the devil even knows you're there."

20. Compared to this time last year, are you:
A. happier or sadder?
B. richer or poorer?

A. Sadder. Starting to feel frustrated that my education and my relationship are not progressing as fast as I would like them to.

B. Right at this moment, poorer. I have seven dollars. But overall, I am richer - bills are semi-paid and I have enough to feed the kids.

21. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Hanging out with my kids...and studying.

22. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Crying, arguing, wandering aimlessly.

23. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve/Day?
Probably going to head up to a friend's house with my Honey and hang out till the ball drops.

24. What was an unexpected surprise?

A significant boost in my college financial aid check last September!

25. Did you fall in love in 2009?
No. Met my man in 2008 - Reconnected with an old high school sweetheart as well. Grew my love for my children and my friends.

26. What was the best concert you’ve been to this year?
A gospel music event at Salt Creek Baptist Church.

27. What was your favorite TV program?
Didn't watch TV...but if I happen to - it's HOUSE!!

28. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?

Her name starts with an A.

29. What was the best book you read?
Life, Death, and everything in Between by Kelly Grayson

30. What was your greatest musical discovery?

That I should only try to play "Chicken Fried" on the guitar if I really, really, really don't care WHO hears me.

31. What did you want and get?

A passing grade in Elementary Algebra!!

32. What did you want and not get?

To pass my EMT Intermediate practical exam. To have my baby here with me full time. To own my own home, to be a millionaire, to have my hernia repaired and healing for my honey's father.

33. What was your favorite film of this year?

The boy with the Golden Cake. My first supporting role. (ok, I played a video store customer...but it was FUN!)

34. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 43. I don't remember what I did on my birthday...But I know my kids sang to me.

35. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

To have a timeline for my future.

36. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Uhhhh, fashion? Surely you jest. My idea of fashion besides my EMT uniform is jeans, t-shirts and fleece. I did wear a dress three times this year for my sweetheart.

37. What kept you sane?
My children, My friends Scott and T, and a faith that God will take care of me no matter what.

38. What political issue stirred you the most?

I avoid politics. They give me a rash.

39. Who did you miss?
My grandma.

40. Random Memories from 2009?

Saying yes when I really should have said no.

My 14 lb cat and 11 lb dog rolling and playing on the carpet.

Learning to keep my mouth shut.

Dancing in my sweetheart's arms.

Finding Scott.

Officiating at my friend's wedding and another friend's Civil Ceremony.

More dental work than I really CARE to remember.

Births I attended.

My kids and I laughing together.

Teaching my daughter to sew.

Swinging at the park.

Encouragement from my amazing friends!!

To quote Lizzie...What about you? Want to play along? Let me know if you do.

1 comment:

A Dusty Frame said...

Cool:) Thanks for playing.

How did you get to officiate weddings? I'm just curious:)