Wednesday, April 15, 2009

PAD 15 - Twisted

"For today's prompt, I want you to take the title of a poem you especially like (by another poet) and change it."

ALRIGHT...this one is going to be stretching it a little bit. But to tell you the truth, I don't read poetry. Much. ok...EVER. Maybe I've read a few on greeting cards or in an inspirational book by Helen Steiner Rice. But that's it.

So if you don't mind, I'm going to just remodel an "essay" written by my hero, Robert Fulghum. Went to his website HERE and discovered he had a few new books out that I haven't read yet.

Between Mr. Fulghum and Mr. Grayson, I have quite the Wishlist going on!

With my deepest heartfelt apologies to R. Fulghum.

All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned From Being a Mother

Life is not fair. I don't care if you think it should be. I think it should be, too. Just don't work that way. And I'm sorry.

If you would answer me, we could avoid more than half of the conflicts we have.

I always, ALWAYS love you. But sometimes you really make me angry.

The first time I ever encountered an up-the-back poopie diaper, I threw up. I never expected it to be that gross.

I'm scared about 90% of the time that I am going to do or say something that will damage you for life. The other 10% of the time, I'm asleep.

I would fight to the death to protect you.

I have never loved anyone as much as I love you. All four of you. Each in your own unique way in your own unique place in my heart.

Sometimes I want to run away...or at least run screaming down the street. But I don't. And holding your hand, kissing your hair or snuggling with you on the couch makes it all worth it.

1 comment: