Monday, April 13, 2009

PAD 13 - Hobbies

"For today's prompt, I (Robert) want you to write a poem that incorporates a hobby (either yours or someone else's). That's right: Now is the perfect opportunity to write about your comic collection or your scrapbooking activities. And for the purposes of this challenge, I also think activities such as fishing, running, bowling, photography, birding, and gardening count as hobbies."

Websters defines
Hobby as "a pursuit outside one's regular occupation engaged in especially for relaxation".

ok, so this MAY be a little difficult because for about the last year, I have been unable to relax for fear of falling asleep. I try to AVOID relaxing...

When I think of my hobbies...
Paul from the New Testament comes to mind.
"Why do I do what I DON'T want to do,
and DON'T do what I WANT to do?"

I WANT my hobbies to be...
Scrapbooking - so fun to be creative and sift through the memories.
Quilting - monotonous, repetitive sewing, nothing to shift my reverie.
Bicycling - The wind in my hair and the ground speeding past.
Blogging - Reading some, writing some, creating something that lasts.
Horseback riding - Would help this one if I actually HAD a horse, you know.
Singing - Seems if I want to use my pipes, a Bar is the only place to go.
Dancing - Oh, if I only knew HOW.
Baking - no time to do that stuff now.

What my hobbies ARE...
Writing college essays and thesis so I can make the grade.
Reading with my child for about ten minutes before I start to fade.
Working out at the gym to build strength and lose fat.
Sleeping - Yep, it's a HOBBY. What is up with THAT?
Volunteering for a county office, helping with anything I can.
Responding with the rescue, caring for my fellow man.
Assisting at a birth when a baby makes his way...
to the mom, it's serious stuff. To me, it is just play.

No comments: