Friday, April 03, 2009

It don't rhyme

I know I have missed the deadline by about 45 minutes, but didn't want to skip a day of the PAD Challenge.
Todays' prompt is to write an outsider poem.

Hmmmmm...

I have been an outsider all of my life.
Maybe not at first glance...
You can't tell from the outside.

I look like I've got it all together.
I act like I know what I'm doing.
You can't tell from the outside.

If you were in my head, you would see;
and feel the fear and loneliness;
You can't tell from the outside.

Too calm for the wild kids.
Too wild for the grown ups.
Too good for the bar crowd.
Too bad for the church crowd.
Too insecure to be a good mama.
Too loving to be a bad mama.
Too busy to be a friend.
Too lonely to be alone.
Too tired to keep house.
Too busy to keep house.

You just can't tell from the outside.

No comments: