Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April P.A.D. Challenge

I got an email today about an event hosted this month by Robert Brewer at Poetic Asides. Each day, he will post a prompt...and we get to write a poem about it.

Doesn't have to be a GOOD poem...just a poem. But it's a chance to write...and motivation to blog every day for the month of April.

I'll Do my best, Captain!!

"For today's prompt, write an origin poem. It can be the origin of a word, person, plant, idea, etc. Have fun with it."

FELL for it AGAIN

When I get an email from an old and trusted friend,
usually I will read it from beginning to the end.
I trust the things they send me though I know it's just passed on
From some friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who lives to heck and gone.
I don't know why it doesn't occur to me as I read the things they email
That it might possibly not really be true, that the framework of fact is frail.
I guess I'm just gullible, one of the poor, hapless dopes;
For whom some intelligent person created a website known as Snopes.

No comments: