I have seen these billed as Country 10 commandments, Redneck 10 Commandments, Southern 10 commandments, and several other variations.
REGARDLESS of how you see the origin...they still break it down for those of us who are a little "slower" to understand. Now, if we could just OBEY them!
Thet Thar be the HARD part, pardner...
(1) Just one God (no prob there)
(2) Put nothin' before God (Where did that coffee cup go?...Does that include the stash of chocolate in my underwear drawer?)
(3) Watch yer mouth (Whoops!)
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin' (coals die down when they aren't around other coals...But the Opposer makes it VERRRRY easy to stay in bed of a Sunday mornin'!)
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa (REALLY tough one for me sometimes)
(6) No killin' (never done this one, but can think of a few times when I seriously wished someone wasn't on this earth)
(7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal (or vice versa. Don't know how many times I've been hurt by this one)
(8) Don't take what ain't yers (even if you REAALLLLY wanna!)
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin' (sometimes it's hard not to listen to the "juicy stuff"...but all it does is hurt somebody!)
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff (can't say I've never done this, but I think I've come to the place where..Yah, I'd love to have those fancy things, but I'm content with what I've got.)
Please, dear God, help me behave myself so I can set an example for my children in my thoughts, words and actions. They deserve a mama who will raise them up to know right from wrong and will give them unconditional love; a mama who EARNS their respect and teaches them to respect You.
And, Lord, please bless my blog friends. They know some of the most intimate things about my thoughts and feelings. They know things even my family doesn't know. I pray peace and prosperity and protection around them in the name of Your Son, Jesus.....