Monday, March 09, 2009

Monday Morning...



"OK...I'm not awake yet....where's the COFFEE?"

March 9th Questions:

1. You’ve been invited on a talk show (which talk show?) to explain your job to the hosts. What would you say you do on a daily basis? (And yes, stay-at-home mom IS a job!) Talk show...hmmm, don't know that there is such a thing that I would actually GO on. I've had recurring nightmares that I end up on Geraldo Rivera or Jerry Springer. Oprah drives me nuts...I don't know why. I'd probably choose Ellen. She's always so upbeat and funny. Sumthin I need quite a bit of in my life. OK... So... what do I do for a "J - O- B"?

I respond on the local rescue squad. But that's volunteer...

I spend 8 - 10 hours a week at the County Emergency Management office typing and filing. But that's volunteer, too...

I attend college classes 14 hours a week and do another 14 hours of homework/studying. FEELS like a job, but I don't think that qualifies...

I assist with births and prenatal appointments for midwifery clients 4 - 8 hours a week. The midwife covers my gas money and usually buys me lunch. I enjoy it and I'm learning. Is that a job?

I cook, clean, do dishes, laundry, pay bills (sometimes), mow the lawn, trim the shrubs, maintain the car... Definitely FEELS like a job, too.

I am a mom of four. They keep me busy with their stories, songs, feeding them, hugging them, driving them around, comforting them, kissing booboos and worrying about them. NOT a job...a JOY!

Maybe someday I'll have a technical, real-life job and then I can answer this question.

2. What words do you hate? Why do you hate them?

Besides the obvious words for the obvious reasons (common 4-letter-words that begin with F, C, S, and D), I don't like the word "hate" but my FAVORITE (if you can call it that) word I don't like is...

WHATEVER!

Especially accompanied by a huff, an eyeroll and the sight of someone's back disappearing in the distance. ARGH. Fastest way to get grounded if it comes out of a child's mouth! Fastest way to engage me in an argument if you are another adult (figuratively speaking.)

3. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received. What’s the worst advice you’ve ever received.

Worst advice I've ever received? EASY! When my exhusband and I were going through infertility treatments, someone told me after the "wild thing", I should stand on my head for 20 minutes. Yah. I weighed 400 lbs then. Can you imagine? YIKES.

Best advice? Never leave someone without making sure you know how you feel about them. Because you never know when it will be the last time...

4. Bailout shmailout! What this country needs is __________. Why does it need this specific thing?

If I knew what would fix this country, I'd run for president. My view of politics is that I need to keep my view to myself. All I can do is all I can do and help those around me when they need it.

Like when the girl next door with the little baby comes over asking for a can of spaghetti-O's or a cup of pancake mix so she can feed the baby.

Or when someone calls 9-1-1 in my district and I jump and run to go help them.

Maybe what this country needs is more Indians and less Chiefs. Or a little more compassion...


Have a good Monday, ya'll. Mine is shaping up fairly well at this point...I have coffee, great kids, good friends and an awesome man who loves my socks off. What more could God bless me with?

No comments: