Sunday, January 18, 2009

Family...MY way!

My friend CJ is jumping in with both feet over at Family My Way. I don't know if you remember or not, but I wrote about it a couple of weeks ago. She used to run a GREAT site called Crazy Hip Blog Mamas. Of course, you KNOW I had to be a member of a site with THAT name!

Anyway, she's getting things up and rolling. Membership is free. Forums, blogroll, and great weekly features like...

Photo Frenzy Monday. Check.

Recipe Rally Tuesday. Check.

Writing Wednesday? Check!

She would like contributions from you (or me) for Parenting Thursday. Give it a shot! You never know...they might pick you!

At first, I wasn't sure what the purpose of the site was. What does "Family My Way" mean? Here's a little excerpt from their 2008 press release.
“This online community is for anyone wondering, ‘Are there other families like ours, facing the same issues,” says Maggie Sayer, founder of Family My Way. “From the traditional family with a white picket fence and 2.5 children, to two dogs and two daddies, to the single person with four dogs and a ferret...family is subjective. Gay, straight, black, white or purple I envision a place where everyone is welcome. Family My Way recognizes the variety in today’s modern families, and celebrates how they tackle challenges brought on by traditional expectations and social norms.”

As soon as I can, I'll pick up a button and get it in my sidebar...
Please give them a "look see"...

"Red, brown, yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world!"

No comments: