Serious! I NEED to turn my face to the positive stuff in my life.
Because the negative is getting me down.
Kinda like a toilet bowl...swirling...swirling...
OK, that was a little graphic. but you get the idea.
I don't want to be alone for Christmas.
Of course, I won't be ALONE alone. Not with four kiddos.
Who are, by the way, suffering from MAJOR cabin fever.
From being trapped in the house for a week.
And the snow just keeps getting deeper.
And mother keeps getting more morose by the minute.
And the anticipation of Christmas is building.
And our plans are being cancelled.
So I was outside shoveling the walkway earlier.
Which is against my personal philosophy.
But it had to be done.
And started praying. Out of desperation. As the tears are freezing on my face.
"Why, God? Please help me! You can fix this! or at least fix my heart."
And He said "Why are you upset? I'm here with you all the time!"
No, I'm not nuts. Just having a conversation with God...
"But you aren't flesh and blood. You've given me someone special and I can't get to him because of this weather!"
"you're right. I DID give him to you...and you to him. In fact, I've given you LOTS of things and here you are whining."
Didn't I just say that to one of my kids this morning when he wanted to open a Christmas gift early?
"But I can't shake this, God. It hurts and I have to fight constantly not to cry. It hurts!"
"Then when you get to be with him, won't you be grateful? Won't take him for granted, will you?
What about your other blessings? Try being POSITIVE, girl!"
hmmm, let's see if I can make myself feel better, shall we?
Prescription from the Master Physician...
- A fine, gorgeous, upstanding man who loves me very much.
- four beautiful kids
- who are all healthy
- and relatively well adjusted in spite of me.
- a roof over my head
- with electricity
- and heat. Which alot of people around here don't have right now.
- Have enough to eat. May not be what we LIKE and requires me to use my brain, but...
- Have lots of people who care about me. Even if I am alone.
- Have clean clothes.
- Have a future to look forward to.
- Only pipes that broke were in the garage. and I was able to shut off water to them without shutting off water to the house.
- I can read.
- I can sing.
- I have lots of time to catch up on those sewing projects.
- I have lots of time to write on my blog
- and send letters
- and cards.
- Time to read my Bible.
- And read my new Midwifery Today magazine! Got a subscription for Christmas. YEEHAW!
- None of our mommy's that are due have gone into labor in this awful snow.
- I'm healthy. My hernia hasn't strangulated yet.
- The kids will have presents for Christmas.
- I have access to a computer.
- You are actually reading this.
Wishing for God's peace in your heart and in mine.