Monday, September 17, 2007

Is the Coffee ready yet?

I hate getting up early. 5:15 am. YERK!
So why do I do it...I don't know. I get woke up by something - this morning it was CMT videos blaring from #1's room. Don't know how long they had been on that loud, but he's dead asleep.
And Mom's hypersensitive. So I can't go back to sleep.
I'm up.
Reading my email and blogging.
And listening to the mice alternately running in the little exercise wheel and beating each other up.
Watching my fav news channel.
Not LISTENING, just watching. You know, cuz' I really don't want to wake anyone else up and deal with another human just yet.
I am not a morning person. AT ALL. Understatement of the century.

AAAhhhhh, the coffee's ready! Sweet elixir of life!
Except I don't know WHY they have to make the coffee maker BEEP 5 times to let me know it's done.
It's not like I haven't been toddling in there every two minutes waiting for the pot to fill.
Yes, I have one of those ones that stops dripping so you can grab a cup. But, you know, it just doesn't taste the same.

Call me weird.

Just a wild hair, but I was watching this "Public Service Announcement" on our local TV station about water. "Drink a gallon a day, boil your water, conserve water, store water in several clean gallon containers 'just in case'". Give us the drill. Stuff we all know we should do but don't.
Then, just as he finishes boiling the water to, YOU know, KILL the GERMS, he reminds us to make sure our pets have fresh water and PLOPS HIS DOG UP ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER!
Am I the only one who sees something wrong with that?

Anyway, I forgot to tell you a couple of funnies from our trip Saturday. I was kinda stuck in Melancholy Mode on that last post.
Sorry.

It wasn't number 4 this time, either. #3 was just popping up with the one liners and cracking us up.
I got her quilt top done yesterday, by the way. FINALLY. It didn't turn out like I wanted it to, but it's not too bad, really. I'll post a picture later. And it's like MG said, "#3 doesn't care! She's just glad you got the thing done!"
Cuz he's sweet like that.

Anyway...We are driving to the coast and somebody has to tinkle. Sorry for the crudeness, but it always happens, you know.
Thankfully the person with the urgency was male, so I just whipped the truck up a logging road, found a turn-out and they hopped out.
Cuz guys can do that. I've always been jealous.
He hops back in the truck and #3 says,
"Well! The deed is done!"

I don't know why that struck me as funny but I giggled till my eyes watered.

Then she asks "Mom, what is a PooBah?"
Heard it on Spongebob Squarepants.
I know what it is because I'm smart like that. And I used to call my Papaw "The Grand Poobah" when he would order us to fetch him drinks. He was not a nice man.
WOW, I'm chasing rabbits this morning.
We explain to her that it is a title for a "head honcho" - as in the head of the Great Order of the Horned Animals. MG says "Yah! Like me! I'm the head honcho of this outfit!"
She pipes up....
"Nope! your the grand PooP-Bah".

Laughed so hard I had to pull the rig over and breathe for a minute.

I don't know if he thought it was quite that funny.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I was thinking of rejoining the Psalm Sunday, but I've found it difficult. I read Psalm 45 and it was a happy one, for sure. Made me think of "Pretty Woman" and the "Knight in Shining Armour" philosophy.
But that's it.
Nothing else came to me.
So I'll go read other people's posts and try again next week.

Hmmm, if you have a sec would you whisper a prayer for me today. I have a hard job I have to do.

No comments: