Thursday, May 03, 2007

I ain't perfect - CHBM Carnival

Seems the last few weeks I have been a day late and a dollar short when it comes to my meme's. If I actually have any readers, they've probably bailed on me by now. But that's ok. I write more for myself than for any other reason.

The carnival subject this week is "What I Wish I was taught growing up."

This may be kind of a serious subject, but the only thing I wish I had been taught growing up that wasn't included in my wonderful childhood is that
IT'S OK TO BE IMPERFECT.
I grew up in a family that was "perfect". Or at least they appeared that way. And I knew, deep in my heart, that I wasn't perfect. I wanted to do things I had been raised to understand were wrong. So therefore, I must be a bad person.
It took me lots of therapy to get over that. But that's basically my problem. What I want to make sure of...ABSOLUTELY sure of...is that I do NOT in any way pass this "legacy" on to my children. I tell them upfront when I make a mistake and I apologize. Yah, I goof up. Just like they will, but that doesn't mean they are bad. It just means they are human. And God loves me anyway.
And I love them anyway.
And that's how it should be, you know?

No comments: